Shocking but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Indiana have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the United States could save up to 47% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in Fort Wayne is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell insurance in Indiana. You can shop around by following these steps.
First, get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives the details to help prevent high rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View companies
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Fort Wayne. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One bit of advice is that you use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Fort Wayne is much easier if you know where to start. If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, use these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners just need to understand the most efficient way to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
Most of the larger companies allow you to get pricing direct online. Doing online quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in Fort Wayne doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences on the page. Once you submit the form, their rating system orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on these and other factors.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the lowest payment on insurance.
To find out what other companies charge, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Insuring your Dodge Magnum just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Fort Wayne, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Magnum, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The Dodge Magnum Insurance Premium Equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings. Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Age of drivers impacts prices – Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
Do you save by driving less? – The more you drive your Dodge every year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles receive lower rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Magnum can result in significantly higher rates.
Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Some companies provide better rates to clients that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
Lower stress equals lower rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like fire fighters, architects, and emergency personnel generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
Don’t cancel your insurance policy without a new one in place – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to pay more for insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Indiana motor vehicle department.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but some must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get cheaper insurance rates.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, bundle, anti-theft, and good student.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, good driver, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may include discounts for student away at school, continuous insurance, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, and payment discounts.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including pay in full, homeowner, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, and electronic funds transfer.
- USAA discounts include safe driver, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, family discount, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly married, good student, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, and safety features.
Double check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Fort Wayne. For a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Indiana, click this link.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Compare rates but still have a local Fort Wayne insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is there a local claims center in Fort Wayne?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Fort Wayne for you
If you want a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Car insurance agents in Fort Wayne can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both types can handle car insurance, but we need to point out how they are different since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne who may provide you with price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Raj
702 W Coliseum Blvd d – Fort Wayne, IN 46808 – (260) 484-5577 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeffrey W Griggs
4340 Maplecrest Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 486-3883 – View Map
- Sam Till Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
615 Goshen Ave – Fort Wayne, IN 46808 – (260) 482-9623 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are Fort Wayne independent insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Wise Insurance Agency
7410 Bluffton Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46809 – (260) 747-5373 – View Map
- Stoller-Dunham Insurance Agency
6058 E State Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 749-4970 – View Map
- Real Estate Agents Health Insurance Direct
8411 Clinton Park Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (855) 343-7344 – View Map
Best car insurance company in Indiana
Ending up with the best auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Indiana. The information in the lists below can help you choose which auto insurers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistence will pay off
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal or even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is easier than you think.
When getting Fort Wayne car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned some good ideas how to shop for Dodge Magnum insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Fort Wayne car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Other learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Edge in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)