We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will presumably buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is the reason you’re here, knowing how to get price quotes and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
To save the most money, the best way to find discount Pontiac Montana insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who sell insurance in Fort Wayne.
- Try to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best rates in Fort Wayne is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Drivers just need to learn how to find the lowest price over the internet.
Companies offering Pontiac Montana insurance in Fort Wayne
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount they offer very clearly, so we researched a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for safe driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, student away at school, good student, safe vehicle, and multiple vehicles.
- American Family has savings for early bird, multi-vehicle, accident-free, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, air bags, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for safety device, good driver, emergency road assistance, multi-policy, DriveSense, defensive driver, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
Check with every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply in Fort Wayne. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer online Pontiac Montana insurance quotes in Fort Wayne, click here.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the factors that factor into your prices.
Rates increase with driving citations – Getting just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better insurance rates – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Only buy coverage you need – There are a ton of add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and membership fees may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Prevent theft and save money – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Local Fort Wayne auto insurance agents and insurance
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Fort Wayne.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Fort Wayne who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can write insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you include at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne that may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
Affordable Agency Inc
2314 Lake Ave – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 485-2526 – View Map
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who can help you get price quote information.
John Hayes – State Farm Insurance Agent
6407 Stellhorn Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 486-4711 – View Map
Kent Paul – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 478-2222 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Fort Wayne?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is there a local claims center in Fort Wayne?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When searching for the cheapest Pontiac Montana rate quotes, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to reduce Pontiac Montana insurance premium rates online in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Fort Wayne auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from a small local company. They often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Much more information about insurance in Indiana can be read on the following sites:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much is Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)