It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Fort Wayne is to start comparing prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Indiana.
First, try to understand what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Unthinkable but true, most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in Fort Wayne can save about $700 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Many insurance companies provide prices from their websites. Getting Ford Fusion Energi insurance prices online is fairly straightforward as you simply enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. When complete, the company’s rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and quotes a price.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find cheaper auto insurance pricing.
To find out what other companies charge, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will have rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. In order to find cheap car insurance in Indiana, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Affordable rates on Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Fort Wayne with these car insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Fusion Energi insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Fort Wayne auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Paperless Signup – Some companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow data collection to study their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, driver training, bundle, air bag, good student, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, professional/association, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, seat belt use, air bags, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, anti-theft, safe vehicle, good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. Some discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies with discount rates in Indiana, click here.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Fort Wayne Fusion Energi insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Indiana is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
You may need help from an insurance agency
Many people prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended Agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Wayne?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Where are claims handled?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Fort Wayne exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Janie Laboube Agency Inc.
2810 Beaver Ave – Fort Wayne, IN 46807 – (260) 744-9798 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Raj
702 W Coliseum Blvd d – Fort Wayne, IN 46808 – (260) 484-5577 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Darren Vogt
5830 E State Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 493-3507 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below are Fort Wayne independent insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- GMI Insurance
6110 Bluffton Rd #110 – Fort Wayne, IN 46809 – (260) 478-9405 – View Map
- The DeHayes Group
5150 W Jefferson Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 424-5600 – View Map
- Schultheis Agency Insurance
1910 St Joe Center Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 480-0208 – View Map