If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Indiana.
- Read and learn about coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and a bad credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives the details to prevent expensive rate increases and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on F-350 insurance. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. Be sure to keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle's registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at every insurance company. This enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It's an obvious assumption that insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price will most likely buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is why you're here, then learning about how to find companies and compare auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Companies offering cheap Ford F-350 rates in Fort Wayne, IN
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If you wish to find the best car insurance in Indiana, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
The premium information displayed below showcases a range of coverage prices for Ford F-350 models. Being more informed about how rates are figured can help you make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$172||$340||$476||$28||$142||$1,158||$97|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$172||$340||$476||$28||$142||$1,158||$97|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$190||$288||$318||$18||$94||$908||$76|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$190||$340||$476||$28||$142||$1,176||$98|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$190||$340||$318||$18||$94||$960||$80|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$190||$340||$318||$18||$94||$960||$80|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$190||$340||$476||$28||$142||$1,176||$98|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$190||$340||$476||$28||$142||$1,176||$98|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$190||$340||$476||$28||$142||$1,176||$98|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$190||$340||$476||$28||$142||$1,176||$98|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$190||$340||$476||$28||$142||$1,176||$98|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$190||$340||$476||$28||$142||$1,176||$98|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$190||$340||$318||$18||$94||$960||$80|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$190||$340||$318||$18||$94||$960||$80|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$190||$340||$318||$18||$94||$960||$80|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$190||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,228||$102|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$190||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,228||$102|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$190||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,228||$102|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$190||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,228||$102|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$190||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,228||$102|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$190||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,228||$102|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$190||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,228||$102|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$210||$340||$318||$18||$94||$980||$82|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$210||$340||$318||$18||$94||$980||$82|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$210||$340||$318||$18||$94||$980||$82|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$210||$340||$318||$18||$94||$980||$82|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$210||$340||$318||$18||$94||$980||$82|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$210||$340||$318||$18||$94||$980||$82|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$210||$340||$318||$18||$94||$980||$82|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$210||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,248||$104|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$210||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,248||$104|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$210||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,248||$104|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$210||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,248||$104|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$210||$392||$318||$18||$94||$1,032||$86|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$210||$392||$318||$18||$94||$1,032||$86|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$210||$392||$318||$18||$94||$1,032||$86|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$210||$392||$318||$18||$94||$1,032||$86|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$210||$392||$318||$18||$94||$1,032||$86|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$210||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,248||$104|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$210||$392||$476||$28||$142||$1,248||$104|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$210||$392||$318||$18||$94||$1,032||$86|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$210||$392||$318||$18||$94||$1,032||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase coverage prices significantly.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can change Ford F-350 insurance prices for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below compares Ford F-350 annual premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Indiana minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford F-350 claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Their Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine your rate level.
Men drivers tend to cost more - Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don't assume that men are worse drivers. Males and females are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-350 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Drive a safer car and pay less - Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
Lower rates come with age - Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers are known to be less responsible in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Low deductibles can be expensive - Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims could be a broken side mirror, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies - Most insurance companies will award lower prices for people who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare other Fort Wayne F-350 insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Insurance loss statistics a Ford F-350 - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help calculate premium rates. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford F-350 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-350 4WD||78||54|
|Ford F-350 SuperCab 4WD||66||90||98|
|Ford F-350 SuperCrew 2WD||108||232|
|Ford F-350 SuperCrew 4WD||96||134||179||47||44||90|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Ford F-350 insurance discounts in Fort Wayne
Some insurance providers don't always publicize the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Ford F-350 insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less may enable drivers to earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with lower prices if you buy life insurance from them.
- Student Driver Training - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Driving Data Discount - Fort Wayne drivers who agree to allow their company to analyze driving manner by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- E-sign - A handful of companies will give you a small discount for completing your application online.
It's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford F-350 insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies that may offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not be available in Fort Wayne. To find insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Indiana, click here.
You may require the services of an insurance agency
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Fort Wayne who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You don't have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Fort Wayne?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agents in Fort Wayne can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can provide insurance policies, but it's important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below are Fort Wayne exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Raj
702 W Coliseum Blvd d - Fort Wayne, IN 46808 - (260) 484-5577 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Steven Westrick
8938 Lima Rd Suite R - Fort Wayne, IN 46818 - (260) 489-3977 - View Map
- Kent Paul - State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 478-2222 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are Fort Wayne independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Thompson Insurance and Financial Services Inc
10355 Dawsons Creek Blvd A - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 347-4722 - View Map
- Wise Insurance Agency
7410 Bluffton Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46809 - (260) 747-5373 - View Map
- Affordable Agency Inc
2314 Lake Ave - Fort Wayne, IN 46805 - (260) 485-2526 - View Map
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to coverage, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Should I buy only the required Indiana minimum liability coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
One last note
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Ford F-350 insurance in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest prices are with a small local company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you quote Fort Wayne auto insurance, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-conscious Ford F-350 insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Fort Wayne, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed insurance information is located at these sites:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Edge in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)