Truthfully, the best way to get discount Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who sell insurance in Fort Wayne.
- Get a basic knowledge of the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around for a cheaper policy are inclined to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent survey found that consumers who shopped around every year saved on average $72 a month compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is why you’re here, then having some insight into how to find and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the following tips. Comparing rates for more affordable insurance in Fort Wayne is not as hard as you may think. Nevertheless, Indiana drivers benefit from understanding the way insurance companies determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give prices for coverage direct online. Getting Dodge Ram 2500 insurance prices online is very simple as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Behind the scenes, the system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on these and other factors.
Quoting online for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Fort Wayne simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Indiana. To locate cheap auto insurance in Indiana, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Ram 2500 in Fort Wayne, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ram 2500, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Ram 2500 greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance coverage details
The rate information shown next showcases different policy rates for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Being more informed about how insurance premiums are calculated can help customers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$210||$426||$298||$18||$90||$1,042||$87|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$210||$492||$298||$18||$90||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$210||$492||$298||$18||$90||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$210||$492||$298||$18||$90||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$210||$492||$298||$18||$90||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$210||$492||$298||$18||$90||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$234||$426||$298||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$234||$492||$298||$18||$90||$1,132||$94|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$234||$492||$298||$18||$90||$1,132||$94|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$234||$426||$298||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$234||$426||$298||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$234||$556||$298||$18||$90||$1,196||$100|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$234||$556||$298||$18||$90||$1,196||$100|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$234||$426||$298||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$234||$426||$298||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$234||$426||$298||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$258||$492||$298||$18||$90||$1,156||$96|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$258||$492||$298||$18||$90||$1,156||$96|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$258||$492||$298||$18||$90||$1,156||$96|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$258||$492||$298||$18||$90||$1,156||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage rates considerably.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get cheap Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Fort Wayne with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all discounts very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could earn cheaper rates.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Ram 2500 insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes online.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Ram 2500 insurance in Fort Wayne.
- E-sign – A handful of larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on their website.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Fort Wayne auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, anti-theft, passive restraint, accident-free, good student, and student away at school.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, accident-free, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- AAA discounts include good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, defensive driver, good student, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for age of vehicle, accident-free, type of vehicle, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for good student, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, switch companies, homeowner, youthful driver, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
If you want affordable Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in your area. To see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Fort Wayne, click this link.
Buying car insurance from Fort Wayne insurance agents
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Fort Wayne should have no problem answering these questions:
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Shown below is a list of auto insurance companies in Fort Wayne who can help you get rate quotes for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Fort Wayne.
- Valentine White-Xayarath – State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S Anthony Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46806 – (260) 447-1074 – View Map
- Real Estate Agents Health Insurance Direct
8411 Clinton Park Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (855) 343-7344 – View Map
- Hoch Insurance Inc
209 E Washington Center Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 471-7555 – View Map
- Kent Paul – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 478-2222 – View Map
Car insurance can get complicated
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Ram 2500 caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Ram 2500 to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, hail damage, hitting a bird, damage from flooding and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/10 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Indiana state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Indiana limits are 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Find cheap car insurance rates by comparing often
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests or even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Some companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies sell through local independent agents. The cheapest Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Fort Wayne is definitely available both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
Much more information about car insurance in Indiana can be read at the links below
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)