It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop around once a year will probably buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower rate. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who compared rates annually saved over $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is why you’re here, learning the best way to quote and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable Chevy Sonic insurance in Fort Wayne is to compare prices once a year from companies in Indiana.
First, take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides the details to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Make sure you store the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using these tips. The purpose of this post is to let you in on how auto insurance companies operate and how to save the most money. Nevertheless, Indiana car owners must know how big insurance companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
To get the cheapest Chevrolet Sonic rate quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from companies that offer insurance in Indiana. The easiest way by far to find competitive Chevy Sonic insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes helps locate more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Indiana. To find cheap auto insurance in Indiana, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though Fort Wayne Sonic insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy Sonic, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Fort Wayne overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to save money.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their car insurance company to look at driving manner by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Fort Wayne can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Fort Wayne Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Fort Wayne, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What companies can they write with?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Types of car insurance agents
If you want to use a local insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agencies in Fort Wayne are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne willing to provide price quote information.
- John Hayes – State Farm Insurance Agent
6407 Stellhorn Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 486-4711 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Janie Laboube Agency Inc.
2810 Beaver Ave – Fort Wayne, IN 46807 – (260) 744-9798 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Tara Witham
4011 W Jefferson Blvd #175 – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 434-4440 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that can give you price quote information.
- Real Estate Agents Health Insurance Direct
8411 Clinton Park Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (855) 343-7344 – View Map
- Sourceone Group
6628 Constitution Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 436-3544 – View Map
- Luttman Insurance
707 Airport North Office Park – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 482-6700 – View Map
Once you have received good answers to your questions and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
Ratings for Fort Wayne auto insurance companies
Picking the best auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Fort Wayne. The company rank data listed below can help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Find affordable insurance rates by comparing often
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Chevy Sonic insurance in Fort Wayne. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Fort Wayne car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)