Chevy Malibu insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable Chevy Malibu insurance in Fort Wayne is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Indiana. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once received, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Statistics show that a large majority of insurance policyholders have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Indiana could pocket as much as 55% a year just by shopping around, but they just don't want to compare rates online.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy Malibu insurance in Fort Wayne takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies have advanced systems to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including deductibles desired, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, daily mileage, and whether you are single or married. The data is instantly provided to multiple companies and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To find the cheapest Chevy Malibu insurance rates, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Fort Wayne, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Chevy Malibu detailed coverage information
The coverage information shown next outlines a range of insurance rates for Chevy Malibu models. Understanding how auto insurance policy rates are calculated is important to be able to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates greatly.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault claims drive up Chevy Malibu yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Fort Wayne, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Find More Affordable Insurance with These Tips
It's important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Don't skimp on liability protection - Liability insurance is the protection when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Are you male or female? - Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both have fender benders in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy Malibu insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Higher premiums for insurance lapses - Not having insurance can get your license suspended and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Indiana DMV.
- Discounts for married drivers - Getting married can actually save you money on insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage - The more you drive in a year's time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Malibu can result in significantly higher rates.
Teenage driver insurance premiums - Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to get distracted easily in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Adding a first-time driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older insureds are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts - Most larger insurers will give a discount to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you're getting this discount consumers should still compare Chevy Malibu rates in Fort Wayne to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
Insurance loss data for Chevy Malibu vehicles - Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Malibu vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Malibu Models Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Malibu 94 100 109 139 145 120BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Chevy Malibu insurance discounts in Fort Wayne
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow their insurance company to analyze their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Accident Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
The example below shows the difference between Chevy Malibu insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly retired, multi-car, teen driver discount, newly married, new move discount, and exclusive group savings.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, good student, good driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
When getting free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in every state. For a list of providers that offer discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
Buying car insurance from Fort Wayne insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Fort Wayne that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your computer because prices are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Exclusive and independent Fort Wayne car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents in Fort Wayne can either be independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to include at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne who may provide free car insurance quotes.
- Short Associates, Inc.
2855 E Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 482-7077 - View Map
- The DeHayes Group
5150 W Jefferson Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 424-5600 - View Map
- Affordable Agency Inc
2314 Lake Ave - Fort Wayne, IN 46805 - (260) 485-2526 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below are Fort Wayne exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Melissa Satterthwaite - State Farm Insurance Agent
7757 Coldwater Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 489-5503 - View Map
- Connie Stickler - State Farm Insurance Agent
7105 Old Trail Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46809 - (260) 747-2626 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Susan L. Law
5308 St Joe Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 492-6254 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Where are claims handled?
Upon getting good answers and affordable Chevrolet Malibu insurance rates in Fort Wayne quotes, you may have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your car insurance policy.
What is the best car insurance company in Indiana?
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurance provider is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Indiana. The information shown below can help you pick which car insurance providers to look at shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
More effort can pay off
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Chevy Malibu insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
Low-cost Chevy Malibu insurance in Fort Wayne can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, high prices and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Other learning opportunities
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)