It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who compare rates annually are likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on auto insurance in Fort Wayne is the reason for your visit, then understanding how to find and compare car insurance can save time and money.
The recommended way to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Camaro insurance in Fort Wayne is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell insurance in Indiana. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how companies set rates and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, place your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use similar coverage information on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
How to get affordable Chevy Camaro insurance in Fort Wayne, IN
Finding low cost car insurance quotes is a great way to save money. The only thing you need to do is take the time getting comparison quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Get cheap Chevy Camaro insurance in Fort Wayne with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to look at driving manner remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with some car insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below shows the difference between Chevy Camaro yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, mature driver, youthful driver, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, anti-theft, military active duty, driver training, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for group or association, company car, multi-policy, air bags, teen driver, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, driver training, anti-theft, good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for driver training, renewal discount, good student, multi-policy, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA discounts include new vehicle, multi-vehicle, driver training, defensive driver, and annual mileage.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Insurance coverage details
The information below showcases estimates of prices for Chevy Camaro models. Being able to understand how rates are calculated is important for drivers to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence premium rates greatly.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Chevy Camaro premium costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Camaro insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact formula to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Camaro claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $3,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will give you quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Agents in Fort Wayne are either independent or exclusive. Either can handle insurance, but it’s important to point out why they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne that can give you price quotes.
- Melissa Satterthwaite – State Farm Insurance Agent
7757 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-5503 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Darren Vogt
5830 E State Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 493-3507 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rolly Bhargava
4660 W Jefferson Blvd Ste 100 – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 459-7673 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Wayne that are able to give rate quotes.
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3213 E State Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 216-0024 – View Map
- GMI Insurance
6110 Bluffton Rd #110 – Fort Wayne, IN 46809 – (260) 478-9405 – View Map
- STAR Insurance Agency
2130 E Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 467-5690 – View Map
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. You are unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Components of Your Chevy Camaro Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but some are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by companies to determine rates.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Most larger insurance companies allow better rates to insureds that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
- You might want pay the small insurance claims yourself – Car insurance companies in Indiana give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Is you employer costing you more? – Careers like lawyers, police officers, and miners are shown to have the highest rates due to job stress and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as farmers, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Your gender affects prices – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but men have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Chevy Camaro car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
- Deter theft and pay less – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Avoid auto insurance policy lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Fewer miles means better costs – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Having the wrong rating on your Camaro may be costing you.
Chevy Camaro insurance claim data – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Camaro vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Camaro Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Camaro 2dr 139 118 123 123 130 127 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 92 85 107 85 95 103 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr 222 80 174 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible 111 113BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though Fort Wayne Camaro insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Indiana overpays as much as $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to save money.
Compare but don’t skimp
You just learned many ways to get a better price on Chevy Camaro insurance in Fort Wayne. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
The cheapest Chevy Camaro insurance in Fort Wayne is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
When getting Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Additional auto insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)