Trying to find lower-priced car insurance rates in Fort Wayne, IN? Fort Wayne shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable Acura ZDX insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages on a Acura and locate the lowest price.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Indiana, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper Acura ZDX insurance quotes in Fort Wayne
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a small discount on rates.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Buy New and Save – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Fort Wayne drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Life Insurance – Larger auto insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below compares Acura ZDX annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Fort Wayne, click here to view.
Coverage statistics and figures
The rate information displayed below outlines detailed analysis of policy rates for Acura ZDX models. Learning as much as possible about how rate quotes are calculated can help you make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$234||$452||$364||$22||$110||$1,182||$99|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$234||$512||$364||$22||$110||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in Fort Wayne location which can revise premiums noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Acura ZDX insurance rates for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Find More Affordable Car Insurance with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to better car insurance rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Some insurers afford a discount to clients that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare Acura ZDX rates in Fort Wayne to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save money even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Can a thief steal your car? – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- Small claims can cost you – Insurance companies in Indiana generally give the lowest premiums to drivers who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Less chance of injury means lower rates – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Acura scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Rates impacted by your city – Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities have to deal with congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Fort Wayne insurance agent
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is still important in Fort Wayne.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Fort Wayne who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive and independent Fort Wayne auto insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from local Fort Wayne agents, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Fort Wayne are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most also have access to companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Fort Wayne who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- The DeHayes Group
5150 W Jefferson Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 424-5600 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Thompson Insurance and Financial Services Inc
10355 Dawsons Creek Blvd A – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 347-4722 – View Map
- Jackson Insurance Agency
809 S Calhoun St #308 – Fort Wayne, IN 46802 – (260) 434-0352 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Fort Wayne willing to provide rate quotes.
- John Carr – State Farm Insurance Agent
1018 E Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-3838 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Steven Westrick
8938 Lima Rd Suite R – Fort Wayne, IN 46818 – (260) 489-3977 – View Map
- Sam Till Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
615 Goshen Ave – Fort Wayne, IN 46808 – (260) 482-9623 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Fort Wayne should know the answers to these questions.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How many companies do they write for?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Indiana?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
We just showed you a lot of ways to shop for Acura ZDX insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Fort Wayne car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Steps to buying low-cost Acura ZDX insurance in Fort Wayne
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Acura ZDX insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who sell insurance in Fort Wayne.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend policy coverages and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The most important part of this process is that you use identical coverages on every quote request and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)