It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop around for a cheaper policy are very likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A study showed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on car insurance in Fort Wayne is the reason for your visit, knowing how to quote and compare insurance can save time and money.
The best way to get budget Acura RDX insurance in Fort Wayne is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Indiana. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives more ideas to prevent rate hikes and find hidden discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Cheap Acura RDX insurance in Fort Wayne
Car insurance companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Fort Wayne car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Online Discount – A few auto insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy premium.
The information below shows the comparison of Acura RDX insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne, click here.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To find the best auto insurance in Indiana, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage information displayed below showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Acura RDX models. Knowing how car insurance premiums are formulated can be valuable when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$172||$340||$250||$14||$76||$852||$71|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$172||$340||$250||$14||$76||$852||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can alter auto insurance rates greatly.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The diagram below shows the difference between Acura RDX insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Acura RDX replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Find Acura RDX Insurance for Less
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help determine your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
Females tend to take less risk – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Acura RDX premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Expect high rates for teens – Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Bad credit will cost you – Having a good credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. People that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Acura RDX if you improve your credit rating.
Save by driving less – The more miles you rack up on your Acura in a year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Having an incorrect usage rating on your RDX may be costing you.
Can a thief steal your car? – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
Policy add-ons may be wasting money – There are many extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The next chart is based on a single female driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Acura RDX car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performances.
Acura RDX insurance loss statistics – Companies analyze past claim statistics when setting premium costs. Models that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura RDX vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RDX 4dr 2WD||64||75||57||67||67||71|
|Acura RDX 4dr 4WD||68||79||79||68||66||60|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Indiana minimum liability coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an company should depend on more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How long has their agency been in business in Fort Wayne?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When narrowing the list to find local Fort Wayne agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Fort Wayne can either be independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they differ since it may influence which type of agent you select.
These type of agents work for only one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Fort Wayne exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include price quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that are able to give price quote information.
Once you have received acceptable answers to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that will adequately provide insurance. It’s important to know that once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy for any reason so never assume that you are obligated to a policy for the full term.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura RDX in Fort Wayne, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Acura, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Acura and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Acura gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Cheap coverage is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
Lower-priced car insurance in Fort Wayne can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not have rates over the internet and these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Quotes for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)